TIPS for participating in the virtual 5k.
- Avoid heavily populated areas. When outdoors, if you are near people, try to keep a distance of greater than 6 feet.
- All outdoor activities should be done individually or with a household member whom you’ve been sheltering in place with. – not in groups.
- Avoid engaging in group exercise classes or team sports activities that bring you in close contact with others. Keep social distancing rules even while exercising outside.
- Avoid touching public objects like water fountains and playgrounds. In addition to close physical contact, potential ways the virus can spread include touching contaminated surfaces and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Bring all the materials you will need from home while you are out, such as your own water, towel, and hand sanitizer so you are not relying on public use.
- After returning inside, immediately wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Stay home and avoid public places if you are ill – including outdoor spaces.
-Adapted from https://www.bcm.edu/news/infectious-diseases/how-to-social-distance-while-being-outdoors